We are looking for an experienced Finance and Project Administrator to join the Gender and Adolescence: Global Evidence (GAGE) Ethiopia Qualitative (Qualitative) team. The role will support the GAGE Ethiopia Qualitative team and Research Uptake, Impact Coordinator (RUIC) based in Ethiopia with financial, project management and event based administrative tasks. Quest Research, Training and Consultancy PLC- a GAGE Qualitative Research Partner, will employ the post holder on behalf of GAGE.
GAGE is a £26.4 million 9-year DFID funded programme designed to provide decision makers with an evidence base to make informed policy and programming decisions that can improve development outcomes for adolescent girls in developing countries. This includes areas of reducing child, early and forced marriage, violence against women and girls; improved health, education and improved economic empowerment. The GAGE Programme Office is based at ODI in London. In Ethiopia, the GAGE Programme has a partnership agreement with Quest Research, Training and Consultancy to run and coordinate the qualitative component of the programme.
Download the position description.
Main duties and responsibilities
Financial and project monitoring:
- Organise fieldwork schedules and track fieldwork activities
- Support the facilitation of field work including but not limited to: arranging field work logistics and organising interviews in discussion with field facilitators and researchers
- Track expenses and collect receipts for fieldwork
- Organise payments for field work to respondents, field facilitators and expenses for field researchers
- Submit fee invoices and expenses claims to ODI following DFID procedures
- Liaise with GAGE project partners and subcontractors on fieldwork activities and schedules
- Provide regular financial updates to the Ethiopia RUIC (who is also the Qualitative Research Lead)
- Support with organising meetings and events, including regional and national events: activities will include finding and booking venues, arranging facilities, inviting and liaising with participants and tracking attendance
- Preparing and formatting presentations
- Supporting at events including taking notes and gathering content for social media
Research uptake and impact coordinator support:
- Provide administrative support to the GAGE Ethiopia RUIC
- Manage the RUIC’s meetings with key stakeholders- including setting up appointments, preparing the relevant presentations and materials and taking and sharing meeting notes and actions
- When necessary, provide out of office support for the RUIC when they conduct fieldwork for GAGE
- Organise internal and external meetings for the GAGE Ethiopia Qual team and the RUIC
- Provide office support
- Undertake document and file management (for example, in the GAGE SharePoint and Box systems)
- Conduct inventory of research equipment and report to the RUIC and Qual Research Lead
- Work with the Qualitative Research Lead and Data Manager in identifying and purchasing necessary office equipment and instruments for the field work
- Minute taking and writing
- Any other ad hoc tasks which might be required by the team
Communication and knowledge management:
- Develop presentations and other materials for meetings and workshops
- Provide capacity building sessions on GAGE related software and policies, e.g. Box, MAXQDA, Mendeley, GAGE policies
- Participate in and support the organisation of the GAGE Ethiopia Qualitative team
- Keep updated records of team travel and work arrangements and ensure good intra-group communication
- Liaise on behalf of the team with other parts of the GAGE programme (e.g. GAGE Programme Office in London)
- Support, as needed, in undertaking research tasks and participate in events as a member of a team, subject to other duties and with the agreement of the RUIC
Terms of employment
Salary: Salary and benefits negotiable on appointment
Place of employment: Addis Ababa Kirkos Sub City
Closing date: 19 July 2019
Queries: For more information, please email email@example.com with the subject line ‘GAGE Ethiopia Finance and Project Administrator’.
Application: To apply, please send a brief profile and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the above subject line.